Betta Fish Forum banner

Housing for a...

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  fishyinpa 
#1 ·
"King" Betta. I was wondering how big of a tank can a king betta live in. I think I've read that they get larger then the average betta.
I've looked around and I haven't found much information on them.

#6 ·
I was going to put him in 5 gallons anyway, so I guess that works out!
Hubby wants the King Betta. We like dark colors and I've seen one that was black and red before and that is gorgeous to me. Anyway, I've pretty much picked out all my other Betta and I figured if he wants to pick one for once, I'll go for it!

#7 ·
i saw a king betta once at petco and i really wanted him but i got sylvester instead. I think next time i see one i'll get one cause i think they are pretty cool. The meat head of the betta world :)

#10 ·
there was ONE king betta at the petco near work and it was very much the meat head of the bunch. it was the first one i had ever seen. all i could think of was a trout! he was just so meaty and heavy looking even though he was only 3-4 inches long.

def not very brightly colored at all. short tailed too! if i had seen one with some color i think he would have been more appealing.

*end hijack* :p

#11 ·
Hmm...i saw plakats at my lfs. Are they king bettas or are they different? The tank was only labeled female betta. Im like they arent regular female bettas lol. They were like 3 times the size of my girls.

#18 ·
That looks exactly like the ones labeled Plakat at my lfs.

#19 ·
from what i can gather, most people think the "king bettas" are at least half regular and half giant. and most of what I see are plakats. the only bettas I can find that are bigger AND have the fancy tails are usually full giants.

#21 ·
I was looking online and saw a pic of a giant betta. It was with a normal size betta,wow it was huge! This one had the finnage and all too. I think the site said they are 7" long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.