Betta Fish Forum banner

Fishy-multicolored Veil Tail. Better pics!

3K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  sunkissedinCA 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is my adopted buddy in his new tank, with a neighbor that just won't leave him in peace. lol Haze can't stand Fishy for some reason! The glass is really dirty, so please forgive me and the pic spammm....

#10 ·
He's HUGE! Congrats on your boy, he's very pretty.

#12 ·
Wow he is gorgeous! I'm glad he made it there in one piece lol

#13 ·
You know... I'd really love to have a Giant VT (even though Giants don't usually live as long). Maybe one day I could do a project line of Giant Veils.. that might be fun to do.. although breeding VT is pretty much a crapshoot as far as shows and standards go. But a big ole VT would be so pretty (Fishy is a testament to that ;)).

#14 ·
*Would definitely buy one* lol

#15 ·
LOL I'll put you on the list ;) If I did breed a line like that I'd probably give them away at the cost of shipping simply because there really isn't a market for Veils..then again who knows what could be the trend in the future.

I would probably have to create a foundation of bigger veils.. using large males and females, and then cross later generations with Giants to get the Giant Veil... I'd have to do a lot of genetics researching before I started.

#19 ·
LOL I'll put you on the list ;) If I did breed a line like that I'd probably give them away at the cost of shipping simply because there really isn't a market for Veils..then again who knows what could be the trend in the future.

I would probably have to create a foundation of bigger veils.. using large males and females, and then cross later generations with Giants to get the Giant Veil... I'd have to do a lot of genetics researching before I started.
My boyfriend is very determined to have a Giant Betta and has no clue that Veils are out so he would love one for sure lol!

And I love researching genetics but sometimes it reminds me I need to go back to college lol

#21 ·
Fancy.. I love genetics too. Right now I'm taking Bio 2 which is all about genetics and evolution and classifications.. I love it. I wish I could take a genetics course but it wouldn't fit anywhere with my major so I'd have so spend money on a class I don't need..plus a prerequisite I don't need either.

#25 ·
LOL I don't mind.. I think its really nice.. the other forums I'm on never ask me "personal" stuff.. I think its great getting to know each other :)

Does your college have a career placement office? I went to mine and took this test called the Strong Interest Inventory.. its a really good tool to help you figure out what programs would be good for you. It helped me to know that I'm suited for working with special needs people/children, teaching, or being a translator. It gives you a bunch of careers and tells you how suited you are to each one.

I found it really helped me. Although Speech Therapy wasn't my number 1 career I still think I'm going to be very happy with it. My number one was Special Education but I know that I'm better at working with a child one on one than in a group.

You should take the SII.. it really is helpful.. even if it just narrows down your choices. I think they should give it to all HS Seniors who are going/ planning to go to college.

BTW it was free at my college to take it. I just had to make an appt with career services.

#26 ·
Yeah they do, and I keep telling myself... GO TO CAREER SERVICES!!! But I'm painfully shy and awkward in situations with people... So I haven't worked up the nerve yet. And they do offer it, once again, I just have to work up the nerve to do it.
I like getting to know people too! (yes, I know that contradicts with the painfully shy thing but since it's online, it's different lol) Do you have facebook or myspace? Me and Vikki are friends on both...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.