Betta Fish Forum banner

Serious derp on my behalf! Help please :3

655 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DormDrax 
#1 ·
Well, today I fell in love with a gorgeous black, red and green crowntail.
I bought him a brand new 7.5 gallon tank, it came with a bunch of awesome things.
I got home - which is an hour away - and realized..
"I DIDN'T BUY A HEATER. *facepalm*"

So, I ordered one on eBay, but that should reach me by the end of the week if that. What should I do in the meantime?!

He's currently still in his bag, and has been for a few hours now, as I left my water ager at my ex's house and he's dropping it round later tonight. I'd love to put him in his huge new tank tonight, since he was in a depressing cup for a long time, but I don't want him to freeze to death. The temp is at about 70 degrees right now.

Please and thank you! I'll be sure to take pictures once he's settled :3

*continues facepalming*

#3 ·
I'm sure it'll be fine until then. If you have a space heater put that in the room and make sure the light is on during the day. Just monitor the temp. I had to leave home for a week and took all 3 fish with me and put them each in a 1 gallon tank but I only had two heaters. The one tank without the heater stayed at about 65 and I know it's not ideal but it's all I could do and the fish was fine.

#10 ·
I agree with you... he was just looking off to the side, their eyes do sorta swivel around a little when looking.

Like Drax's bad eye, when he looks around with it, it sometimes looks even worse but then when it's sorta in the default position it doesn't look bad at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.