Betta Fish Forum banner

local pet store

1K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  Luimeril 
#1 ·
#11 ·
strawberry has a pink body too , the pic shows her flesh looking body sorry i confused combodian =\ can you PLEASE tell me the name then? (not to sound rude)

OMG i just love your pro pic sweeda i love opaque''s did i spell that right? and he looks funsssayy lol cute x3

#14 ·
There's a good example of a Cambodian in this thread. It says "The body is pale, almost colorless, and the fins are a solid color". Your Strawberry is pretty to be sure, but she's probably not really a Cambodian. Her head is red, and if she were a Cambodian, her whole body would be the same color. I'm sorry to disappoint you. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868

#20 ·
thanks. sadly, she passed away a few months back. broke my heart.

your Strawberry might be a multi or bi-color. sometimes, it's hard to classify betta colors when you get them from pet stores. they're not always easy to place in a group. but, that's what makes them wonderful!

#21 · (Edited)
not to DBP (double post {just made it up LOL]) but strawberry also has blue rays if that is important and her body ain't like flesh i would say =| in a certain light she looks like she has a white colored body. she has a carp shaped face (that's it one of here babies will be named carpy) it is more round and binged in FYI

sorry to hear that luimeril =[ she probably is a bi-color BUT it dosen't explain her red face (does it?) i already have a bi-color "luna" and her face is black like her body (maybe cause luna is a wild-type or something?)

#24 ·
dark red head, lavender/blue iridescent body, red tail and anal fin, Dorsal fin was kind of a blue purple red rainbow effect. Definitely not Cambodian, or at least what i know of them. So i'm just going to go with multicolor.

A semi-local grocery store chain had females that were almost a perfect color match for my CT, but i think it was a HM or PK or somewhere in there... less than 180 degree, rounded edges, and they were huge! Right around 3 inches. think i might go back for one tomorrow but i'm not sure as there was like 1 dead fish in each tank... :X

did snap a pic but it picked up some ceiling reflection i didn't notice...

#25 ·
ps it's really, really hard to find a female CT, i went to 7 different pet stores and didn't find any.

May have to give up on breeding mine, there's not really all that much on aquabid, definitely none i like enough to send $40 to some sketchy guy in Southeast Asia... no offence.

maybe go with another veil for my female? I saw some nice red ones at this little old lady's shop. Plus they're really cheap there, and the lady is really cool, she makes some of her own equipment... like divided aquariums. May buy one if i can figure out how to blackout the glass dividers... any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.