Betta Fish Forum banner

Another Wal-mart save...

1K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  PaintingPintos 
#1 ·
Went to the wal-mart by my work today and they had one pitiful looking VT betta there. SBD and shredded fins but still holding on like many do. After reading Littlebettas post about the wal-mart bettas I couldn't help but bring him home. I'm treating his SBD and hoping lots of water changes will heal his fins. I really hope he makes it. Meet Cheddar....

#8 ·
I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart because of their treatment of fish and their employees, but I'm happy that you saved this little guy!

Cheddar is a perfect name for him! XD

#10 ·
Aw, he's gorgeous! Love the coloring! Fingers crossed that he has a speedy recovery!

#13 ·
Oh he pulls through! He such a pretty little guy!

#14 ·
Thanks everyone :). He's already perking up a bit. I've got him floating in my sorority and he's flaring at my girls :roll:.

#17 ·
Update

Swimming much better today and built himself a bubble nest :-D....

#18 ·
awww yayyy!! bubble nest! :]

#20 ·
He's doing ok. His SB gets better for a bit and then comes back. I'm going to give him some time and see if he improves. IMO a fish who can't swim doesn't have a good quality of life but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Thanks for asking :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.