Betta Fish Forum banner

What color is this?

420 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BeautifulBetta 
#1 ·
Hi, these are my daughters first bettas. The male is your typical VT from the pet store, and the female we got there as well. But, I cant pinpoint her color. They said she was a dragon, and she looked like a platinum pearl blue at purchase, but after clean up, she turned out like this. This pic shows one of her many sides, with more gold. but other times she is more of that mauve color with the pearl iridescent shine. I don't know what she is. any thoughts or advice?

#2 ·
Your female looks like a plakat male to me. Hard to tell from the photo though. Just some advice...your tank is way to small for one betta let alone two. I suggest one gallon per betta, some people say two gallons. The smaller the tank the more water changes. In something the size of yours it needs to be 100% water changes per day. Bettas are tropical fish and need a heater to keep their water 78 to 80 degrees. A 1/2 gallon tank is almost impossible to heat. If I were you I'd consider getting a larger tank.

#3 ·
Ok, i thought it might be a plakat male as well, but there is a "white spot" on the belly and no visible bib unless it is flared.

The tank in the pic was just an initial set up. Lol they are in their own individual bowls with plenty of room and decor.

Thanks for the advice!

#4 ·
Ok, cool about the tanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.