Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority question

532 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Bloeduwedd 
#1 ·
I have the females i want for my sorority, the tank set up, and have started the process of getting them used to each other. I'm worried about one of my little girls, Stormcloud. She seems to have a fin biting problem (I examined her before I brought her home, there are no signs of fin rot or anything), and she stresses soooo easily. I'm not sure if I want to put her in with my other girls when the time comes to release them, because I'm afraid they'll pick on her, though right now they all seem pretty chill. Is it possible to keep her in her own tank until she's more used to me, and her fins heal, then put her in with my other girls? I just don't want to endanger her, and I'm perfectly willing to, and capable of, putting her in her own tank. I have her in a circle with my other girls, and she literally looks like a zebra her stripes are so bad, so I'm thinking about taking her out and putting her in my other tank now.

#2 ·
You can add her later but when you do you will need to

1) take out and reintroduce all the girls
2) rearrange decorations

Or so I have been told. I set one up last week but I have one that is a bit too agressive. Tomorrow I plan on removing her and replacing her with another female and seeing how that goes.

On a side note, one of the girls I have, sushi, has almost always had stress stripes and was an ugly olive color. It was as if I even looked at her, she got the stripes...anyways, I added her to the tank and I havent seen the stripes return. Plus her colors just blossomed and is now a royal blue well her fins are anyway

#3 ·
Oh, I realize I'll have to rearrange everything if I add her later :) I just wanted to make sure it could be done. Her stripes seem to have gone down some, but not much. I'll keep an eye on her, though, as I'm not planning on adding them for the next few days.

#5 ·
Thank you :) I'll be putting my girls in the tank in the next day or two, so fingers crossed. Worst comes to worse, I'll pull her out quick and put her in her own tank til she calms down. Right now she seems okay, but she's still striped :/ None of my other girls are bothered in the slightest, it seems lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.