Betta Fish Forum banner

African Dwarf Frog

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cousiniguana 
#1 ·
I keep trying to feed my dwarf frog but my betta Quartz keeps eating it. so much so that he's fatter than he's ever been and I find myself having to not feed him for a few days because he's gotten too big.

Is there any way I can feed my frog without the betta eating it? I'm trying to feed it but if this continues then I'm afraid the frog is going to starve to death.

#3 ·
I tried that this morning. The little guy wouldn't eat anything so I ended up putting him back. If I try again do I leave him in there until he eats the food?

I also order a fish net would it be possible to catch the frog and feed him in the net while in the tank?

#4 ·
The net doesn't sound like a good idea. What are you feeding him exactly? Maybe he doesn't like the food. Try buying some blood worms (frozen bloodworms or dried work too). They love those! I would try putting a cup/container with the frog in it and let the cu float in the tank so your Betta can't eat the food, and the frog thinks he's in his tank still.

#11 ·
Try feeding frozen blood worms. Thaw in a cup with some tank water, use something like a turkey baster (that's what I use). You can put some at the top for the betta if you want, then put the worms in front the frog. Mine have no problems getting their food that way. Mine go crazy over the blood worms.

#13 ·
I just used to net my fish for about 10 minutes while the frogs ate. After a while the frogs got much faster and better at getting food and now I can just distract the fish on top with other food while the frogs find theirs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.