Betta Fish Forum banner

CrownTail help

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Alienbetta1 
#1 ·
Does anyone have or breed or even so much as work with Crowntails know if it is just normal for them to be spastic swimmers and lazy loungy when not swimming?

Tomato is eating but he doesn't really swim around his tank much. He darts to the top for food then kinda floats a few inches down and stops himself and then he will either swim to a high leaf or rest on the bottom with the back half of his body on it's side. *Just his back half*

Is this normal or should I worry?

Seems like he only really swam around normally when I first got him 6 or 7 weeks ago exploring but now he's lazy and spastic. Still eating but that's all that's normal. He was fasted for 2 days and treated with JFC for 5 days but still not what I expected.

#3 · (Edited)
He is in a 2.65 gallon tank it's about a 11 inches deep so not real deep.

#7 ·
He doesn't have a heater but his water is always between 76 and 82 depending on the room temp. I just checked and it 82 right now and he seems to be swimming more. Still spastic and back end flops but not his whole body.
I'll just keep keeping an eye on him.

Thanks you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.