Betta Fish Forum banner

Pastel Mint Marble Spawn Thread: I'm gonna have babies!

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
My second spawn of the season is underway!
I introduced the pair yesterday and I got a spawn this afternoon... so exciting! There was no fin damage except on the female her anal fin is a little blown but I'm sure is from all the erratic swimming... it will surely be healed by tomorrow.
Daddy is now tending to the nest. This spawn is not as big as my previous one but still probably over 50 eggs.
Both fish I got from Karen (duh!) and are stunning!
Eventhough I already used this female for my previous spawn and have many ladies in waiting, I couldn't pass up breeding her to this guy as they complement eachother's coloring so much... so romantic :roll:
To top off my day, I got awesome cultures from Sherolyn (BasementBettas) !!
The female is in my avatar and the male below...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Monroe: I know... You were one tough competitor!
I just couldn't let him go because I already had the perfect female for him.
Thank you!
Man I feel awfully bad for raising your price so much! Had I known it was another forum member I wouldn't have fought for him! I don't like to bid against forum members :) Well forum members that are established breeders... if someone with horrible breeding experience was trying to get him, then ya I would go nuts lol.

#6 ·
It's just made the auction exciting... and he's well worth it! I'm pretty stubborn when I'm determined to get a fish. He's such a charming boy!
I try not to bid against forum members but I don't know many of their AB names so that's no help. It wasn't until you posted on the same thread I did that I saw your signature and made the connection.
How's your gorgeous pastel boy doing?? Any eggs yet?

#8 ·
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
I think Karen teaches her fry how to treat other fish nicely. To my delight, I haven't had any fin damage from my two last spawns... wonder what her trick is?
My problem with the fish I got in the last 2 months from Karen is that I want to breed them all NOW! Of course I only have space for one more spawn unless I get some more tanks... there's an idea! Nah! I want to take good care of my current spawns so I will probably hold off for at least another month... that way my spawns will be a month appart.
Which spawn? The one on this thread or the other? LOL! I will surely offer any I will not be keeping here first.

#9 ·
I'm a pastel girl all the way! I forgot what your other thread was.... But since I'm envious of the daddy in this one ;) then I'll be looking forward to these guys! Plus it's great timing so I can focus on my fish I just got too lol.

Oh and it seems Karen has many amazing tricks! Like how her babies grow so fast, and how super conditioned they always are. I swear I couldn't reproduce the results even if I followed her tips!

#11 ·
I used to be all about pastels LOL!
I had a hard time connecting with fish when I couldn't see their eyes... silly, I know!
Anyway, when I got my pseudo piebald male from Karen's mint Jr spawn who ended up being a multi with red/black face, I was sold! I felt like I had been missing so much.
Now my problem is that I like everything but I'm still searching for my ideal white pair... I'll find them someday!
This is my other spawn thread: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=65636

#18 ·
Thank you!
I too can't wait to see how these develop... hopefully I'll get a bunch ofmommy and daddy clones. I love their coloring!
I will be all over the trades! All these spawns make the forum so exciting!
Is it horrible that I'm already looking at who to breed next? It's going to be a HARD decision so I might make you all help me decide :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.