Betta Fish Forum banner

Take Two: HM Multi Marble X HM Pastel Marble Spawn Log

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Spazzfish 
#1 ·
As promised, I have repeated my spawn because I have about 15 fry from the previous one. I had a female who released eggs prematurely and a lot of them didn't get fertilized.

I wasn't able to observe this spawn because I was at work but there seems to be many more eggs on the nest this time although it's frustrating to see my male with a belly full of eggs.

The fry have started to hatch but I've only taken one picture because my male is very moody and I don't want him to eat the fry.

Here's th epic of the pair again and a picture of the eggs.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks everyone.
I decided to remove the male once the fry started hatching because I'm 99% sure he's a fry/egg eater beacuse his last spawn was very small. I was a little concerned about how the fry would fare as I had never removed the male until free swimming. Of course, in the process of removing the male I was a little too clumsy and dropped the tank lid inside the tank destroying the nest. Is that what you call a rocky start or what. Ugh!
I had less than 3 inches of water during the spawn because my male has really long and heavy fins and I didn't want him to get exhausted so I didn't have to lower the water level but I did place the filter in a very gentle setting to keep the water moving around the eggs.
They have all hatched my now and there are soooo many!
Here's picture:

Day 1: I call this one "Group Hug"

Day 2: I call this one "The lineup"

#7 ·
Thanks!
They are 4 days old now? First bbs feeding was today. Some have orange bellies already but I couldn't get pics of any because they weren't close enough to the glass.
Here's a few day 4 pics.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.