Betta Fish Forum banner

ok i have multiple questions and emergencies that cover different subjects, HELP!

414 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tikibirds 
#1 ·
ok for starters i have multiple issues/ questions that i need help with and cant seem to get a hold of.

i have a 20 gal tank, i used it for my female sorority, last week i had a female die so i completely stripped the tank, cleaned everything, put in new fresh conditioned water, made the parameters perfect and introduced my remaining females. now its been a week and another female just died. she is only 6 month old and is the mother of the fry im currently raising, poor girl will never see her kids grow up. when i examined her, i noticed her stomach was bloated and had spots where her eggs would be. And Another one of my female CT keeps hiding too and hasnt been eating. So i need help or advice to figure out why my two youngest females died a week apart.

next issue is with my males, i have 2 males sharing a 10 gal tank with a clear divider in the middle, i dont know why but recently they have both been acting lethargic and also not eating despite attempts to correct the situation.

last question is dealing with snails and im going to attach a picture, my snail was floating when i got home and had red/pink balls hanging all over its shell. my snail is alive and clung to the side of the tank but im not sure what these balls are, there are other snails in the tank so if its egs shouldnt they be out of the water??

Im not new to having fish, but iv never been stumped before i have no idea why me girls keep dieing and why none of them will eat.. i need advice

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry that I can't be much help. It does look as if your snail has eggs but no idea why they are where they are.
I too have been having a string of deaths in my Molly and fully tanks...they don't have many symptoms before death and some do appear bloated...for lack of any other idea, I have started to do daily water changes and have started aquarium salt...
I am sorry I can't help but I wanted you to know someone "heard your call"
Good luck:(

#4 ·
no idea about the snail, but for the fish - you said one had spots. What did they look like?? Did they have any fuzz? Anything physically unusual about the sick fish??
Are your tanks fully cycled?

answer as many as you can, it will help figuring out the problem

Housing
What size is your tank?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have a filter?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Is your tank heated?
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?
How often do you feed your betta fish?

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change?
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
When did you start noticing the symptoms?
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
Does your fish have any history of being ill?
How old is your fish (approximately)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.