Betta Fish Forum banner

Wants to eat, but doesn't open his mouth....what to do???

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  misty1477 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Zeebron, my CT, is having some trouble eating and I'm trying to figure out how to help him out. He eats pellets (Hiroki or Aqueon Betta). He doesnt seem to be opening his mouth wide enough to gulp the food in, and he ends up pushing the food around until its up against something. He then proceeds to go after it until he finally eats it or gives up.

He CAN open his mouth, he does it all the time, really wide. I pretty sure he's hungry because he'll go after anything I drop in his tank. So how do I teach this guy that he has to OPEN his mouth in order to eat???

I've had him for about a week. This behavior is new as he had no troubles eatting before. This has been going on for about 2 days

TIA

George

#2 ·
Hi George I dont know what to say about your problem but maybe you could try and crush the pellets for him and see how he does eating them is very small pieces. Also you can buy really tiny pellets, maybe he just prefers his food small.

#5 ·
I use the bottom of a plastic water bottle cap. If you use one....be sure to clean in in HOT water (no soap) before you use it.

BTW ... some posters use one of these caps as a floating 'toy' for their Bettas. I tried it, but Sparkle just ignored it ... maybe I will try the 'ping-pong ball' toy method .... FUSSY BETTA :roll: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.