Betta Fish Forum banner

Adding To My 10G

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hannah16 
#1 ·
I'm planning on getting 2 more girl bettas & adding all 5 of my girls into my 10g, I'm looking into snails and shrimp as well.

I've decided on getting mystery snails, I'm thinking I'd like to get about 5, or is that too much?

Also, I want to get shrimp, either Ghost shrimp from PetSmart or Cherry Shrimp from a guy I found selling them on Kijiji, I was thinking about 20 since I read that sometimes a handful will die. Or is that also too much?

Any help/advice would be great.

#2 ·
I think you'd encounter breeding issues if you were to get five snails. I'd probably stick to a handful of shrimp if I were you. I like the cherry guys but I almost never see mine.

#3 ·
I've decided against the snails, but I'm gonna go with the shrimp. I'm planning on buying about 9 ghost shrimp. I'm going to have 5-6 girl bettas total, plus the shrimp. I want to know if I can add glofish or guppies into the tank? Oh, and I was THINKING about a suckermouth catfish?

Its just a question, I want to know if its possible. If not, thats fine too sinceI haven't baught any other fish besides my 3 betta girls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.