Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#13,774 ·
=D Hahaha I like your grandma!

#13,775 ·
Haha Me too!

#13,777 ·
LOOKIT! OMG This amazing person on FB found this boy for me, is having him shipped him in a day or 2, and then shipped out to a transshipper (probably Linda) on the 16th! I'M DYING!!!! But I'm also a little lost about the process. I'll probably make a thread to get some help.

SQUEEEE!

#13,779 ·
He is so cute. Funny first thing I thought of when saw first pix is looks like wearing a football helmet. Lol up too late looking at fish after doing water changes

#13,785 ·
He's technically a Black Copper Gas. His butterfly band is a bit more accentuated, but he still qualifies.

#13,796 · (Edited)
#13,799 ·
Yeah. I'm at work trying to do someone elses work cause they're on vacation. I'm trained, and all, but I'm not the amazing giterdone chicka that she is. But then again, I do it for a week or so at a time, once a year, and she does it every day, and has been for like, 8 years now.

I spent 20 minutes entering information on the computer about a $5000 payment from an insurance carrier for payment on about 22 different patients of ours. We're talking hundreds of thousands of numbers to be looking at lol.. and trying to figure out what exactly the Explanation of Benefits is saying, and entering it into the computer correctly. After running down and finding my missing $18, I pressed ONE wrong button and BOOM.... eeeeeeeeverything I just did. GONE.

#13,802 · (Edited)
Actually, if you look really close, his pectoral is all black and see thru and pulled forward.. and it IS very large... I'm trying to see if the other pictures will load...

But this is what I see... and the pec is being pulled forward, so I THINK there is a lot we don't see... it looks like it has the potential but without seeing the whole pec either from the front or laying against his side, it's too hard to tell

#13,804 ·
EE's don't necessarily have to have fully opaque pectorals, however, that is the normal. They still need to be 1/3 of the body length though. Many VT's naturally have longer pectorals but unless they are wide and 1/3 of the body, they can't be classified as such.

The first black EE (black pectorals) wasn't actually opaque, just very large black rayed pectorals that were very round and almost 1/2 his body length, they were quite large.

However, not sure what the IBC exactly says about EE's and their opaqueness.

#13,809 ·
#13,816 ·
Yes, butterfly.

And, most folks breeding the yellow/copper/black variations are calling this "Copper Mustard."

No idea if that's a technically correct appellation or not, just that this seems to be common usage among the better US breeders, and also overseas.

#13,815 ·
Ooooh yes I will have to snoop around

#13,822 ·
Phusit has some gorgeous girls listed...

I wish sororities were a more viable idea. I want so many of these females, they're gorgeous. But I'm too paranoid to put them at risk of hurting each other.

I might do a divided female tank for a birthday gift to myself. Haha >_> It would let me consolidate a few tanks, too... If I get a Mr. Aqua 12 gallon and divide into four sections I could add another girl :) *evil, wallet-harming plans*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.