Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#15,137 ·
So lately I have been browsing the HMPKs, because a forum member on here has really sparked me in an interest for HMPKs... I love these two fish! I usually don't have a interest in coppers/blacks. :lol:

I really like the copper one... I have an empty 10 gallon tank too... TEMPTATION!

#15,144 ·

I almost bought him, but while waiting to get price quotes from the US located transhippers (the only one who got back to me wanted $50 for 1 day and $40 for 2 day... On a 22$ fish with 5$ shipping from Thailand to the US transhipper! Eesh!) he got snapped up. In the end, I guess for the best. Doesn't mean I'm not still moping. </3

I was so in love with his colors and his EE ;-; HMEE is the dream, with colors my lady will like.

#15,153 ·
You're welcome!

Anything with blue is typically taken over very quickly. Marbles tend to respond to changes in environments like a big move across the world and it spurs the fish's genes into changing. Blue is most dominant and thus always takes over white. There are very rare cases where this would be stable but it's usually not worth the chance since 99.5% of the time, they will change.

Same goes for Red and Red Koi. Red will always take over the flesh parts/cellophane. The fish will become totally red and then black may also expand as well depending on the pattern.

If you want a stable koi, go for a yellow koi. They are not 100% stable but they have less a chance of not marbling or marbling slower.

Reactions: themamaj
#15,156 ·
@altheora I love that color too! They are yellow salamanders. They seem to be getting a bit more popular recently. I know a few for sale on Facebook if you still want one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15,159 ·
Yes Yellow Salamanders are stable unless you get the one with a hidden marble gene which can happen but it's typically not normal. Most Salamander's are just that, salamanders :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.