Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

I have no idea what a golden member is LOL :) this is the second time it's been pointed out - I must be doing something right hahaha

And that is a good idea too! Lots of good ideas. I'll also be taking some bettas to the Farmer's Market to sell AND to educate ;) I'll use the really large jars for that I think.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #22 
EvilVOG

I use the 24 oz Ball pickling jars, and clean them weekly. Testing the ammonia it's only starting to be a problem by that time.

I will take a clean jar and add clean water that's up to temperature (i have a tool to spot check water temp). I pour the fish into a net, and then put him/her in the clean jar quickly, so that the whole event is over before the fish knows what's going on. I then rinse the net with warm tap water, take the freshly cleaned jar back and get another dirty jar and repeat the process. Clean the jar from the last fish, fill with fresh water, ect.

I weaned my fry off of aged water at around the 2 month mark and just used fresh mixed & primed water.

I seems rough but they're going to be breeders and show fish, so they have to be strong and resilient. Worked pretty good for me so far.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Mine are pretty strong as well, at 5 weeks :) I still slowly add water, but no longer with the drip method since it is a long tank. Some of those little buggers still like to go to the flow, and get swooped under
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote