Betta Fish Forum banner

Baby Talk?

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Lisa1010 
#1 ·
Does anyone else (though I am not admitting it unless someone else does too!) talk to their beta's in baby talk? lol

When I talk to my little girl, I talk baby talk and she gets all excited and swims around really fast.

She still doesn't have a real name, so I have been calling her girly girl and rainbow girl and pretty girl. I say things like "where's my girly girl, there she is. Such a pretty girl, you are such a pretty girly girl". And it goes on from there. lol

My best friend calls her Ms. B (for Betta) and I call her mostly girly girl.

She has so many different colors my 5 year old niece thinks I should call her rainbow. She is blue, purple, green and red. She is so pretty! lol

So is there anyone else who would like to admit to talking baby talk or is it just me? lol

Lisa

#2 ·
I'm guilty!!! Haha. I talk to my little girl pebbles like that! I'm usually like "Hi pebbles! Hows mammas lil girl! Pebbles you so pwetty" in a baby voice lol. But shes the only one I do! She usually wiggles around and acts so cute!

When I talk to any of my male bettas like that for some reason they look at me like I have three heads! Most of the time they usually swim away like "good bye peasant" hahaha :)

#9 ·
*raises hand sheepishly*

#12 ·
QiBaby and PranaMama my girls respond well to baby talk!

The new guy Sriracha, not so much. Just flaring.

#16 ·
I have stopped trying to figure myself out. It gives me a headache. :-D

Seriously though, I do wonder about it. The first time I caught myself talking that way I was all WTH. But I continue to do it from time to time...

Now that I know someone else does it I am even more curious about it.

#20 ·
I do! Plus my betta IS a baby =) I always say "baby boy, hows my baby junior?" and he wiggles around and gets SO excited. He doesn't get that excited when my husband talks to him so I think he can tell the difference between my husband and my voice. I love my baby boy! (well... I don't really know if its a boy or girl but no matter what he's my baby boy for now ) lol

#21 ·
All the time! I have 2 males, Galileo and Mercury (My user.Not very creative. *^-^*)
It usually goes along the lines of "Aww!Who's a cute little boy,you're a cute little boy,yes you are!YES YOU ARE!Does Gawiweo want a nummy blood worm?" He sometimes goes to hide in his little cave after that... c:

#25 ·
Ha ha! Yeah I do that too with my fish. I will walk up to each one of my tanks and say "Time for num nums!" then I will talk to them as they eat saying "Get your num nums, they're yummy." LOL I laugh at myself :lol:

#26 ·
Who knew Betta's could be so much fun to talk to! lol

I feel so much more confident with my girl now then when I first got her because of all the wonderful advice I got from this forum!

Now I can sit back and enjoy being with her!

I was just down playing with her, betta's are the best!

Lisa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.