Betta Fish Forum banner

White on face

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  fishyinpa 
#1 ·
Okay so as some of you may know, I was treating Morado for a fungus/bacterial infection. He had what looked like grayish/moldy looking on his face and gills. Also his stomach. He was looking better after his first round of antibacterial food.

I just did a 100% water change on his tank , as i did have salt in it. So i when i got him into his holding cup till i was done, I noticed his face looks white now! His stomach looks white too. I am going to fast him for a couple days see if his stomach changes any. Now im wondering if this is part of the healing process? Or is this something else? I still have the antibacterial food,I am considering starting another round of that.

I cant get a pic right now,as my batteries are dead and i cant find the new batteries we bought the other day. I do have old pics of him in my other thread on here,so you can see what he looked like before. :-(

Any ideas or suggestions? Im thinking of doing way more wcs on his tank. Maybe every couple days or so. Till he looks better than i can go back to maybe twice a week. Im worried about my guy. He still seems happy. He is eating. He blew a nest. So im hoping its just him healing,but i dont know.

Thanks!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Well this fish is just messing with me! I checked on him this morning and his face is dark again. Maybe he wasnt happy with his water....*sigh*

#4 ·
Yes wierd lol...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.