Betta Fish Forum banner

could fading from edge and white spots?

540 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ZackyBear 
#1 ·
im not sure if this is white spot or something else, when i fist got him a few weeks ago he hada bit of white/no colour on his chin, and i swear its been spreading on his tail, or i just didnt notice before. but nor im sure, all around the edge of his fins is tranparant with some white 'strands', and now has white spots all equal sort of distance from his body.

recently had a tiny cory die from an ammonia spike, uneaten food i couldnt clean up. did a 100% water change. ammonia is almost gone now at .25ppm.
12L tank, ph 6.8, temp is a bit high at 30degC cause of the weather is Aus is warm and im struggling to regulate it at 25.

he got alot happier when the cory died, with alot more personality and is eating fine and gets excited when he sees me.

any response/advise would be great, i get really attached to any pet, love them right away, kinda cried when the cory died, because its my fault, i want to be able to take care of my creature, and have them thrive not just survive

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
White spots could be Ick, but white strands could also be his slime coat trying to fend off or heal something.

With transparent fins, usually this means that a fin has healed from some sort of injury. It's quite possible that your cory may have been harassing him. It's also quite possible that he is healing from the harassment.

As for the white, he could be coloring out a bit~ Other than that I have no clue as to white might be happening~

I hope he does well!

#5 · (Edited)
What you can do is take an empty plastic or glass bottle, fill it with cold water, and set it in the tank. Make sure it has a screw top, and don't use frozen water! I tried it once and my poor platys went into shock when they tried to inspect it xD

The screw top can't be metal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.