Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta has fins???

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Blaxicanlatino 
#1 ·
my betta fishs left fin thats closest to his head is turning black. is this normal? his water is super clean so it SHOULDNT be rot.

#3 ·
cant say to much of the parameters because i dont have test kit but I can say that the temp is always between 74-77 degrees F.

Ive had him for about 2 months.

The pelvic fin just started turning black in less then 3 days!!! It looks still operational. The other pelvic fin looks normal.

#4 ·
Might be time to invest in a liquid test kit for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and pH. You'll need it, especially once you get your 10 gallon up and running.

You can try some Melafix at 1/5 the dosage amount or BettaFix. Keep your water conditions pristine. Keep him warm.

#6 ·
i took a water sample to an aquarium and they said that the ph is 6.7

it doesnt look bad just... looks like its turning black. its still fully functional and everything and looks like its spoting a matalic red color.

im currently using bettafix remedy so he can heal his fins froma tail rot thing. its now day six and one more day to go. the water looks disgusting!

#9 ·
Sorry, but I'm not sure how you can say the water is pristine without any tes kit to confirm that. It may look pristine, but looking clear is not the same as the water conditions being good for the fish. You could have perfectly clear but perfectly toxic water with a harmful ammonia or nitrite reading.

Please buy a test kit (lfs aren't known to be reliable in testing water) and find out your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings.

#11 ·
Yes and of course they'd be happy if your fish died and *shock horror* you ended up giving them more money for a replacement and/or medication for any remaining fish.

Next time ask them for the exact results and don't worry about the ph which, unless it has changed dramatically, isn't worth the worry that most aquarists feel.

#12 ·
tigger said:
Yes and of course they'd be happy if your fish died and *shock horror* you ended up giving them more money for a replacement and/or medication for any remaining fish.

Next time ask them for the exact results and don't worry about the ph which, unless it has changed dramatically, isn't worth the worry that most aquarists feel.
you right.. i'll take it in again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.