Betta Fish Forum banner

Can I feed my Betta's this?

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Hello.
I was just wondering if this type of food is healthy for Betta's as I just bought it! lol
baby sun dried shrimp?

#13 ·
I ordered some Hikari Bio Pure Brine Shrimp for George and finally got around to opening the container yesterday night. I was suprised that they came in cubes instead of little separate bits. So I broke off (more like crumbled) a very small amount since I'm only feeding 1 Betta and added some tank water to soften it up a bit before pouring it into the tank.

I'm not sure if George likes brine shrimp. It took him a while to even try it, and all the while I could hear him thinking, "What is this crap you're trying to feed me?!" He'd chomp a piece, spit it out, chomp a piece, spit it out. It took a long time before he warmed up to trying to eat it, and it took so long that the water surface was getting "messy".

This certainly wasn't like feeding him blood worms for the first time; those he caught onto pretty quickly and he loves them. Maybe brine shrimp is an acquired taste? Perhaps it'll take a few more tries before they realize it is good stuff? I sure hopes he grows to like the brine shrimp cuz I've got a lifetime supply for in this one container, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.