Betta Fish Forum banner

Show your artificially planted tanks

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
Naturally planted tanks look awesome, but for those that don't have green thumbs, and don't want to get into maintaining the live plants, artificial plants can be just as fun to decorate with and look at. So, does anyone have any artificially planted tanks they want to share? I'll share my divided 10 gallon when I get a picture of it.

#2 ·
You can't see it so well, but here is mine.

I had two plants in Pudge's side but they were removed before I got a pic.

I'm actually hoping for duckweed really soon, to add some real plant life.

#3 ·
Photos of 4 of my tanks. All tanks are made of silk plants, no plastics as i've had a hard time keeping my fish from ruining their tails on them.

The first two are 5 gallons and the other two that are pictured together are 3 gallons. I added pictures of the fish that live in the tanks as well. Going in order we have Psych HM, Punkin VT, Slate CT and Steel HM.

There are moss balls in two of the tanks -the colorful 5 gallon & the half circle 3 gallon) as well as one Anubias on a lava rock, in the other 3 gallon.

Attachments

#4 ·
Cheese, I LOVE that first tank! You mixed the colours perfectly.

#5 ·
Yes, those tanks look great and so do the fish! Love them! I'd also like to ask if the plants came from craft stores, or are true aquarium plants. If from craft stores, did you modify them to not include the metal in the stem, or did you just glue the ends?

Please keep them coming!

#6 ·
Thank you!

I get almost all my decor from PetCo and PetSmart. All the plants are from PetCo the more colorful tank is from PetCo's old selection of plants, my store as of a few months ago got rid of all of those and replaced them with the ones in the 1st tank. They look more natural now as to uhh.. playful or 'cartoony'.

I have the little red Confucius in the 1st tank, the little purple and orange plastic plants (look kinda like leafy moss balls) in the 2nd tank and the tall hut thing in the last are all from PetSmart.

I'll try to get around to taking photos of my other three, two of which aren't totally finished yet and are a little bare so i'm a little iffy on showing them off yet as there's not much to show lol.

#7 · (Edited)
This is Michael and Toothless' abode. I'm planning to add more silk plants; the green plastic is a specialty plant that is actually marketed for bettas and is extremely soft and smooth. Not like a plastic at all. The purple "coral" is silicon and Toothless likes to hide in it.

I'm planning to replace the red/brown/green plant in the back with something that's just green. :)

Attachments

#8 ·
Yall's Betta tanks are BEAUTIFUL !!!! I would love to get a Betta one day soon. I HATE to go to Petsmart or any place that has them, and see them in those tiny containers. How pitiful they seem !! When yall clean their little tanks, do you change all the water completely ? And what about filters or heaters ?

#11 ·
I do partial changes during the week--around a gallon, since that's what the siphon picks up when I vacuum the gravel--and a full change once every 10 days. I do have a filter, a Top Fin 10 power filter, that's baffled and a slim heater by hydor. :)

#9 ·
Ok, here's my 10 gallon. The fake plants don't look as good as they would in an undivided tank, but I still like it. The fish love all the hiding places too. Most of these plants are from the craft store, and I had to make the leaves into plants that stood up as I used the parts with the metal in the stems.

#13 ·
Very cool!

#12 ·
I usually do a 25% change or a 50% change- I try to do about 25% once a week and 50% acouple times a month.. Once in awhile i'll do 95%, but rarely- the tank has to have some sort of problem with it for me to do that.

Now, i did say 'try', i do slack a bit on the three 5 gallons i have since they all have really good filters and when i do vacuum them it's usually about 40% i take out.

#21 ·
Are the plants on the right that have the suction cup those plastic ones from PetCo? They are made for "Betta" tanks? If they are the ones i'm thinking of they are made of really rough plastic aren't they? The tank is really pretty but I would be careful with the plastic leaves, I used to be able to use them but it seems like once one of my fish slightly ripped his tail on one of them everyone shredded theirs at once.

#24 ·
I've got 2 artificially planted tanks. All plants are bought from either Petco or Petsmart. I like the Petco plants better though. Both tanks have a moss ball, Mario in the 5.5 gallon and Luigi in the 3 gallon. You can see both fish somewhat in these pictures, Dumbledore is a red VT in the 5.5 gallon and Jonah is a white/grey marble CT in the 3 gallon. :)

#26 ·
LizzyP -I love them, your're octopus looks like it's wearing a fuzzy hat...hehe

I actually just changed abba's tank this morning to this...(she's hiding in her cave)
I did a flash on and flash off pic.

#31 ·
That 9 gal tank looks awesome babystarz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.