Betta Fish Forum banner

Planted Tank Show and Tell!!

612K views 3K replies 499 participants last post by  Dobby 
#1 ·
Lately I have noticed a lot of people showing off their planted tanks, figured it might be a good idea to have them all in one place.
Also, I am trying to get some ideas for rescaping my 26 bowfront sorority. I'd love to see everyone else's tanks and find out what all you have going on with them!

Reactions: mjfa
#1,019 ·
I wish there was a place to click "like" on these beautiful pictures!

#1,023 ·
Update on plant growth. The Water Sprite are becoming a lovely bush. The Wisteria is getting nice/tall. I believe I've noticed a baby lotus from my Tiger Lotus. The Bacopa is doing excellently! My new crypts keep giving me new leafs. Woot! Just waiting for the center-right to fill in and balance everything out.

#1,036 ·
apologise for the late response
TYVM, I am very proud of making the jump to dirting the tank. The fish are much happier and so are the plants. Not to mention it gave me a reason to rescape the tank. It was kinda stuffed with everything spread out and it didn't really have a balance.

#1,033 ·
Islandgaliam I love your tanks! They look so serene!

----------

Whelp, been a while since I posted a pic of my 10g. It has been set up for...I think 4 weeks...maybe five...

Anywho, it is really filling in! All the plants are flourishing. As are the snails - lots and lots of snails :shock: but I still have my red cherry shrimp, though I am not sure how many as the little buggers are hard to find now. The tank is fully cycled and the nitrates are staying at 5ppm and have for 2 weeks. I will be putting my white HM Blizzard back in probably next weekend when my 5g NPT he is currently in is fully cycled - again (long story...)

Anywho, here is the jungle that is my 10g. Some wisteria in both corners still has some growing to do to finish filling it in but otherwise lots of growth! :-D

Attachments

#1,039 ·
Here's my 10g tank. Started out as bare as a baby's bottom and now, after 3 months, it's filled in wonderfully. I don't use any ferts or co2, just plain ol' CFLs.

#1,042 ·
It's Crypt(ocoryne) wendtii 'tropica'. It's a fast grower and has red stems and veins with leaves that are dark green on the top and bronze on the bottom.

#1,044 ·
With the first picture, I was about to say "a black VT?!?!" Gorgeous blue boy though. :)

#1,045 ·
Here is Sardines tank with his new lid I made out of Acrylic. =)

#1,047 ·
#1,048 ·
My cats only drink the water from my freshwater aquariums. They like to stalk the damsels in my reef just because they're so fast and interesting.

#1,050 ·
Completely redid my sorority tank this week, so I could change from sand to Floramax. A little rearranging, and a few new plants, and wala! Ze Dark Forest!

Nature Leaf Vegetation Plant Flower
Nature Freshwater aquarium Vegetation Aquarium Aquatic plant
Nature Freshwater aquarium Vegetation Plant Aquatic plant

It's half and half, light and dark. The unlit side may seem gloomy, but there are low light plants over there, and my girls like it

Vegetation Aquatic plant Plant Organism Aquarium

Sorry I can't take good pics...

#1,053 ·