Betta Fish Forum banner

Better pix of Furio the white VT

2K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  InsideTheBurg 
#1 ·
Here are some clear pix of furio.
I can't believe he is blind though, I'm so sad for him.

#4 ·
Ya I see a little black in his eys. I've seen pics of Red Cambodian albinos. Marbles like these are so weird. He could just be cellophane.

#8 ·
Very rare. But I guess if they're some in petstores now then Thailand is keepin a pretty good secret.

#10 ·
I've never seen whites or cellophanes in person but I wish albinos could be bred.

#14 ·
I know. I completely forgot about his sight earlier when I moved him into his new tank and I about scared him to death. Seriously, I thought I gave him a heart attack. I didn't breathe until he started swimming again.

#13 ·
He's beautiful. I'm sure he'll be fine especially if he was born that way. You'll just have to find your own routine to feed/ care for him.

#16 ·
Me too. Hence the reason I couldn't get him for so long because my husband is the only one that can drive. You gotta see 20/40 to drive and I see 20/80 WITH my contacts. So I know how it feels to be vision impaired!

#19 ·
Awwwww......... he's sweet. He'll be fine because you'll be taking good care of him.

Sounds like he really needed a good home. Someone else might have flushed him already :(

#22 ·
I JUST POSTED A PIC OF MY NEW COTTON WHITE DELTA TAIL, I'VE NEVER SEEN A SOLID WHITE BETTA EITHER UNTIL I RAN ACROSS HIM LASTNIGHT. I PUT HIM IN HI 2.5 GALLON TANK AND HE SWIMS AROUND AFTER MY FINGER, ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO BE BLIND?FILL ME IN OR I CAN RESEARCH? THANKS:cry:

#24 ·
CAN YOU NOT BREED THE WHITE ONES? I WAS GOING TO BREED MINE (B00) IN A FEW MONTHS. HE CAN SEE VERY WELL. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH IT?

#26 ·
Mine is blind, but I'm sure all whites aren't blind, just some, as is any species of animal humans included.

To SunkissedinCA I finally got Furio to eat by placing him in a smaller tank. He hides most of the time in his plant but now he's gotten used to me tapping the bowl when feeding him. I had a hard time to begin with, but he's getting used to it now. And doing great :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.