Betta Fish Forum banner

Bare bottom tank pics

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  callistra 
#1 ·
I am starting a bare bottom 10 gallon tank, but right now it looks really plain and ugly. I need suggestions on how to decorate it, so could you guys post some pics of your bare bottom tanks for me to use as examples. I especially want to see tanks with live plants, but any design is good.
(I'm sure there's already threads like this, but I didn't want to waste time searching.)

#2 ·
I have a couple 10 gallons that are bare bottom - but are heavily planted so I get a mirror effect of plants on the bottom.

You could get those large smooth stones and place them here and there to break it up some. I am thinking of doing that with some black ones I have.

#7 ·
I am getting an ADF or 2 to live with my female betta and I don't want them to eat the gravel and die. I also thought they would be very messy so it might be easier to clean a bare bottom. Are bare bottoms harder to manage?

#8 ·
Bare bottoms are way easier to manage. I have a bare bottom and I can see all the poop and suction it up right away. If you want it to be planted, you need things that don't get any nutrients from roots, or else put pots in the bottom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.