Betta Fish Forum banner

Sorority + More - Pic/Vid Heavy

2K views 47 replies 6 participants last post by  Skyewillow 
#1 ·
Okay, just spent ALL day yesterday travelling up province to pick up fish.

5 Darlings from Logisticsguy (one male, three koi girls, one yellow girl)

...1, 2, 3....the rest from Sena Hansler. Like...3ish boys and the rest girls (7 or 8?)

And a boy from the store xD Cuz I'm terribly addicted and they had a real good selection!

So I tried getting pics of everyone but they're all making it terribly hard in the 29 gallon. So here are the pics and videos...

one of Mickey, adopted from Sena.

And his pics

And Eranikus, my 'green' dragonscale.....bi-color? hafmoon from the store.

Male from Logistics - unfortunately I forgot the heaters in my ride's car, and they didn't get warmed up till today. But he's normally a darker red with light blue going across his body, not so pale, and definitely not stressed.

Toothless (unforuntely Vol'jin has remained elusive for the time being, but he's a bluer version of Toothless)

and some short sorority footage. They're all still exploring and deciding on territory, but so far no nips, just some mild chases and falre offs. Even tho Sena's girls are smaller, they're holding their own against Logistics' softies.

And random pictures as they move too fast right now, and I still get confused - especially since the koi girls are marbling on me

And finally...our mystery gender. So far 2 votes for male....in a 1 gallon until I'm positive of gender.

See less See more
#2 ·
that yellow girl is so bright! I love all of their colors, even Ash, you can tell that he's a nice, vibrant fish, even though he's a little stressed at the moment.

They all look GREAT!

#3 ·
Lol, Curtis wants to call him Cerberus xD

But yea - I know the koi girls names, just hard to pick them apart - Nana named the yellow girl Saffron, Koi girl with black crescent stripe in anal fin is Luna, her almost 'twin' with darker fins is Artemis, and the darker koi lady with green/blue in ehr fins is Serenity.

I spotted Nyx, one of Sena's girls, under the purple silk plant, but she was so hidden near the blue rocks I couldn't really get a pic of her.

#8 ·
I'd be devastated if I had to call you or Sena and say 'I'm sorry, I fudged this up baaad'

I just spent 10 minutes looking for Luna (the only of the two girls with a crescent in her anal now)

And there may be one or two boys in Sena's 'girls'...they're so small and I can't see beards...bah. It's really hard to tell at this point.

And I've decided to elt the kois and otehrs grow a few weeks before introducing Sylvannas. Since she's defintiely full-grown compared to them all.

But I can't wait until they grow more and I can spot them easier. There's eleven fish in there right now, and it takes a good 5-10 minutes to spot them all.

#12 ·
I love Asian design, it's always so pretty! Originally I wanted to get white gravel for Mickey's tank then add some black sand in a yin-yang sort of deal if I could've, but no luck witht he sand and I was spending so much xD

I'm okay with mroe boys. Attached to Nyx who is a boy I think so~ 'V' might have a companion.

#20 ·
Individual Pics

I've finally identified which are males which I'll be finding local homes for ::

Luna

Pearl (she's actually very light, just caught a lot of irid in this shot)

Gimpy - still unsure of gender, but still fiesty

Rouge

Saffron

Nema (Nemo, but you know, miore feminine sounding...)

Artemis

Serenity (pre-sumed Alpha...)

Acheron (with mroe color and he's active now)

Vol'jin (little 'V' ) only pic that's half decent so far - he likes hiding in the back

#26 ·
Water Change and more pics!

Today I did water changes on nearly all the tanks. The sorority took the most time and the girls wouldn't leave my gravel vacuum alone >.< Very curious and playful meanwhile still flaring and chasing eachother around.

I also think the blue male that was in there has disappeared...or is dead and I couldn't find him. >.< I hope he shows up soon. I know there's one more small guy in there with orange/red fins. If they weren't so small and young I wouldn't leave them in there, but it warmer in there than in my heater-less qt tanks. Hopefully I can find a home for him soon.

Now for pic spam!

#28 ·
I should've gone black gravel...it looks real nice in Sylvannas' tank. I figured since he was a fish worth breeding he ought to get a little spoiled - as I most likely won't be breeding him but fell in love with him when Sena brought him home. But, if ever there was a day...I know VT's aren't the 'thing' to breed, but I'd love to see if someday I could match him with Sylvannas and see what happens. I think DTVT's are the prettiest things ever!

Update: doing 100% changes on the triplets and Acheron, the riverstones and glass beads I used have something on them. Subtle chemical smell that makes me think of paint. So just normal gravel and lots of rinsing for them.

Everyone else who is new is doing fine. Demi (Swim-bladder disabled sweetie) developed dropsy =/ So Kalec (who has popeye still?) may end up with her tank. But they're both still in qt. I really, really want everyone to just be kay and give me a few days to breathe tho...

#29 ·
You have done a tremendous amount of work in a short time. I always have to be careful because wc time seems to be play time and I dont want to suck them up. When adding water mine love to play in the bubbles and go with the flow. Acheron looks great, glad he found a girlfriend already. It really looks really good and I hope you get time to slow down for awhile.

#30 ·
Thanks Logisitcs! Wouldn't have been able to do it if I hadn't taken my paid day off today. - I also have a small gravel vacuum, so not much sucking power and it atleast allowed me to get around some of the decor in that cluttered sorority >.<

Love your new display pic btw =D

Omgosh, I just now got to sit down xD But now everyone's tanks are fantastic! here's proof! (more pic spam, xD)

(sorry for some blurriness)

"I'm Nyx! I have a constant tiny fierce >=O! "

"I'm Vol'jin, I have no time for paparazzi!"

"And this is our flat, we're tankmates!"

"I'm Acheron! And I hate my cup! >=( "

"And this is all mine! >=O "

"...and this is my girlfriend, she has a new tank setup too!"

"And I'm Toothless =D! "

"This is my cozy home <3 "

And mommy is bushed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.