Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #69761 
FishyFishy89

IDK
It doesn't make sense that our cat would have a UTI. Since day 1, she's drank a very healthy amount of water. I'd gander to say she drinks more than the dog(the dog is on a raw diet). She gets a bit of canned food twice a day and she is now eating a better quality kibble.

Cats are such a mystery to me and I cannot really figure them out like I can with a dog *pouts*
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #69762 
LittleBettaFish

Does she have a UTI? I remember you saying she was peeing but I wasn't sure if you went to the vet with her.

Our Siamese sometimes gets them and the vet can't really pinpoint a reason beyond her being quite a sensitive cat that gets stressed out by any change to our routine.

One of our males can't have dry food at all. He's had a couple of very painful UTIs and so now he's on wet food only and it seems to have done the trick.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #69763 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You always seem to be having cat troubles LBF, which is no fun. Fishy too. :(

Goliath acts like the muzzle is a punishment so I don't like to use it. I'll post more on him tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #69764 
LittleBettaFish

Lol cats are trouble! I both love them and hate them in equal measure. Right now the three of them are curled up on my bed sleeping.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #69765 
Yuuie

hi all done work was a ok day finally had our meeting to so that is done with got some stuff sorted out to.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #69766 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Does she have a UTI? I remember you saying she was peeing but I wasn't sure if you went to the vet with her.

Our Siamese sometimes gets them and the vet can't really pinpoint a reason beyond her being quite a sensitive cat that gets stressed out by any change to our routine.

One of our males can't have dry food at all. He's had a couple of very painful UTIs and so now he's on wet food only and it seems to have done the trick.
We haven't been there yet. But it seems to be the only thing it is pointing too, besides anything behavioral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
You always seem to be having cat troubles LBF, which is no fun. Fishy too. :(

Goliath acts like the muzzle is a punishment so I don't like to use it. I'll post more on him tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, she's not that much of a problem with us. This is the only problem we've had with her besides the week she spent randomly attacking my dog. Besides those 2 things, she's been a breeze to have as far as a feral goes.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #69767 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Walking the dog tonight. Since he is crazy at everyone, this one guy started like yelling at me to be the alpha and show him who's boss (like not mad yelling but like just loud). O_O And I"m like "please stop this isn't helping."
Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #69768 
LittleBettaFish

I think Cesar Millan as a lot to answer for as he really made that whole 'alpha' dog movement so popular amongst the masses.

You pull that kind of stunt with a dog that sounds like it has a lot of issues with fear, you are either going to escalate the behaviour or completely shut it down.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:55 AM   #69769 
Laki

Oh my god. Caesar Milan. See, he's brilliant because he is so successful with marketing and whatever so people see his shows and books everywhere. Also, LOTS of people have problems with their dogs so they turn to the easiest, and in CM case cheaper, source of dealing with the problem. Milan hand picks his cases and then broadcasts the 'success' stories on his show. Bravo! Looks like he knows his stuff. I hate the man and I don't feel bad about his messy divorce.

Actually, yes I do. Nobody deserves that.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #69770 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea. :/ I have a feeling the whole downtown will know the girl with the giant mean chihuahua by the end of the week.

So to stop him lunging and barking this is what we are doing that we figured out yesterday and seems to work. When he barks stop walking, then I get down and nudge him when he barks. When he finally stops for good praise and start walking again. Seems to be working.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese