Betta Fish Forum banner

Pixel Bettas...?

6K views 82 replies 10 participants last post by  Jessicatm137 
#1 ·
So, back in the day...before fish that is xD....I was a rather avid photoshopper. I can't draw to save my life, but I used to love to manipulate photos and play around with photoshop and whatnot. However, after a couple of computer crashes and a lost photoshop disk, I kind of....stopped doing anything with it for a couple of years.

However, in my lurking I noticed a few threads about people making little pixel bettas. I thought they were the cutest little things....and after a bit of studying and looking up a couple of things, I figured I might as well dust off GIMP, which had been sitting on my computer for a while, and see if I could do some pixeling myself xD

.....Yeah. I got REALLY bored. xD

So I'm just curious about opinions. :) I think I'll make one for each of my boys and put it in my siggy somehow...I don't know if I'll make any for anyone else xD Maybe? Perhaps? Lol
Anwho, here is the one I was/am working on tonight:

Original Picture

Pixel:

Still tweeking and messing with it a little xD But what do ya'll think so far?

See less See more
#4 ·
Awww, thank you!! <3

Lol, well I'd be more then happy to xD I just wasn't sure if anyone would be interested, seeing as there seem to be several other users who do them so well...and I'm still in the practice/perfecting my technique stage, so I'm not really as polished as the others..but after I finish pixels for my other three boys, I'll take requests if anyones interested xD

#6 ·
OKAY, so, I messed with Finnis outline a little and then made Sebastian....which was incredibly difficult because hes such a DARK fish o.o Holy moly he was a pain....but he turned out better then I thought xD

Sebastian:

Finnian(not much change, but yeah):

Sebastian actually has a couple rips in his fins, but I sort of filled those in xD What do you guys think?

#8 ·
They're beautiful! I like how they look like they're from an old painting. I might have to get one done for Splendens sometime.

Here's a tip for the dark bettas: use a dark gray or navy blue instead of just black. If you use black, it's hard to see any details.

#9 ·
Thank you!! x3
Yeah, I really liked how they turned out like that too xD I was just messing with colors and brushes and stuff, but I love the style that it turned out to be.

Oh, yeah, I didn't just use straight black on it....see what I do is take the picture and kinda pull a few colors off the betta and kinda....piece it together to give it that 'old painting' sort of look. So theres some gray and blue in there xD But Sebastian himself is so dark hes even difficult to photograph....

So yeah xD

#16 ·
Thank you!! 8)
Ahh, another Kuro fan! xD Haha, yeah, its definitely one of my favorites <3 I hunted for quite a while to find my Sebby fish xD He lives in a divided 5 with Ciel~

Oh, I just noticed your signature.....my first ever betta was named Sasuke! xD He was a little blue VT I'd picked up at a local craft store, hes what got me into the hobby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.