Betta Fish Forum banner

Bent Body?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  veganchick 
#1 ·
So we were looking at my new little betta, Surimi, the other day and we noticed that when he is resting or floating, as in not making forward or backward progress he seems like his body is bent. then he will swim fine and rest again and the body will be bent the other direction... Nothing else that is abnormal, other than he is extremely shy... Is this just how he holds himself, or is this a issue...?

#3 ·
Yeah, bettas do wiggle. If he was stuck in one position that could be a more serious condition like fish TB, but the fact that he is able to bend both ways makes it more likely that it's just him.

#8 ·
Well, some bettas are just more active than others. My oldest guy just kind of hangs around all day, while one of my other guys zips around constantly. As long as your guy has no other symptoms I'd say he is fine. What is his setup like?

#9 ·
Oh my fish does that too,he will go down to the bottom,like look at the rocks down there then his body starts to bend one way or the other. I thought there was something wrong with him too! But he got done looking at the rock or whatever he was doing lol ,went back up swam around like normal. Just something he does i guess. Hes funny. Hopefully your fish is just doing that.

#11 ·
There is rocks on bottom,obviously, ( 2 gallon bowl till i find more room) a big leafy (fake) plant that takes up about a quarter of the tank, but gives enough room to swim between/over/in the plant, and a little shell "cave" that he doesn't seem to use much, though my other one does use his...

He seems fine. I just did a 100% water change (yea i know, not supposed to do that, but i think one of my friends little sisters dropped something in the tank and everything got all slime-y over night) and accidently (! new to the fish business obviously) put him in water a tad to cold. We set him near the heater (not real close, but close enough) and he seemed to bounce back over night... *Whew!* i was worried :-X Thank god.
Not doing that again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.