Betta Fish Forum banner

Aquabid?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Lion Mom 
#1 ·
So how does Aquabid work? I was looking at some of the gorgegous dragon bettas on there. How do you know you are getting what you pay for? And that the sellers are trustworthy? Also how much is shipping? Thanks

#2 ·
there are some who have ordered from aquabid, andikin did, but he deserted us, vikki orders there though. i think other members have ordered from there too

#4 ·
I know of how to go about it for Australia, but not sure for America.

I've been told to look at feedback most importantly.
From what I understand about shipping is you pay the fish cost then $5 to the seller, who will then send it to one of the transhippers that are listed on the listing which are:
an wingle :: in NY (dmwaqua1@hotmail.com ), ( Linda Olson in CO :: linda_9555@msn.com ), ( Jennifer Viveiros in GA ::: hopdiggity@bellsouth.net ), ( Pegasus in FL :: mmcastle@bellsouth.net ), ( Jeff Wilson in WA ::: jeff.wilson46@yahoo.com )

who then recieve the fish after they have been in quarantine, make sure they are health and then send them on to you. You pay the transhipper the fees for quarantine ($22AUD in Australia) and the cost of shipping to you.

The best way to check if you got the correct fish is by looking at body shapes and fins, not by colour. Apparently the fish often chew their fins on the way over.

I also believe most of the sellers have a DOA clause; if they die on their way over or in quarantine/transhipper, you take a picture, and then they send out a replacement fish as close to the standard of the one you picked as possible.

(http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4758&st=0&p=60321&#entry60321) This is the Australian information about it. Hope I've helped. I just got myself a beautiful orange CT female from there.. at a whopping $63AUD including the postage and quarantine, but I suppose it's worth it in the end!

#5 · (Edited)
I have ordered, and my fish are wonderful, but it mainly matters from who you buy from. You should check out Griya_betta on there, he is amazing!

Feedback is very important because someone with -12/13 is not someone you would buy from. I would scroll through some of the pos. and neg. feedback from the seller you would choose. Also, you can post a "want add" and ask if anyone has a nice Dragon.

I know shipping had cost the same as both of my fish and the I guess import fee combined (about $50). Linda Olson was who I used, and she was alright. But, she took a week to answer emails, and I would highly reccomend calling her first when you order. She sent me some Java moss, Java fern, and Elodea because I said they were hard to find by me.

DOA clauses vary from seller to seller. Most of them are only if you choose Express mail, which is about $35 for 1-5 fish I think. I would check the DOA clause of any seller, and if it is only with certian mailing types (express, priority...) and check the fish when they come, to make sure they are the right ones.

But, I would suggest to buy from one of the american sellers/breeders, and save yourself a bit of money, because, even though my Marble HMs are worth the money, it is quite a bit to pay.

I paid somewhat like this..

To Breeder
HM Male - $15
HM Female - $20
Import fee to US - $5-$7 PER fish

To Transshipper
Shipping (Express) -$36
Box inside box (to sum it up) - $5
Heat pack - $2
Import fee - $2 PER fish
Handling Fee - $1.20 PER fish
Plus Paypal Tax

That is just what I paid using Linda Olson in CO.

Hope I was some help :3 (Kudos to you if you read it all)

#6 ·
SNS, you should NOT have posted that link! I want that HM Butterfly so bad now!! Must resist!

#9 ·
Thank you, I just couldn't resist her!

Good luck with the search puppyrjjkm. There are so many stunners on Aquabid, its crazy!

#11 ·
I have gotten ALL my bettas from AquaBid, but I have only purchased from American sellers since I just can't afford all the transhipper fees.

As already stated, look at FEEDBACK - that is the #1 thing, IMO!! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to click the "Ask the Seller a Question" button.

Personally, I have been very happy with every transaction I have had through AB so far. :) Sure, it could change in the future, but so far, so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.