Betta Fish Forum banner

Divided Tank Question

661 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Aurie 
#1 ·
From reading on here, it looks like a good amount of people have divided theyre tanks in order to house multiple bettas. I was wondering though where people got their dividers, and if there was any brands or types that you recommend/or dont recommend.

Also if you have any good links as to how to make a divider that would be great! I had one at one time, but lost the link.

Not sure if it's needed, but the tank i'm wanting to divide is a 10 gallon.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I was going to post a great link, but it was to another forum, so um, just google DIY Fish Tank Divider .. it involves plastic mesh (like for cross-stitching) and binder sliders (the clear paper covers with the slide pinch to hold the paper together).

At Michaels I found the mesh for about 60 cents apiece, and the binder covers at office depot for 2.99 for 6 (only 2/package were black)

I used smaller hole'd mesh than most others do, it was white.. and also snagged some blue standard style.. You'll see what I mean if you go to a craft store to pick up the mesh, they will have about 15 colors and about 3 different hole sizes. Smaller hole = less visibility with fish.. there was also a VERY fine mesh, but the holes seemed "too small" (probably 0 water flow) .. it's totally up to you, but I would very heavily suggest getting a couple extra pieces incase you cut yours too small you won't have to make a trip to the store and the mesh never goes bad so you might use it for another project some day :)

Send me a PM if you need more tidbits of info

Aurie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.