Betta Fish Forum banner

Chewie and 3 Snails

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cjayBetta 
#1 ·
I've got a couple questions about Chewie my CT... I am, on Friday, going to put him in the 5g tank with my husbands 3 Apple Snails. I don't really have many conserns about it because Chewie used to live with like a billion guppies and a crayfish so with his experiance with tank mates we thought he would be the perfect candidate.

So here are my Questions:

Should I provide a lot of Plants for chewie to hid in? (Silk)
If Chewie becomes aggresive should I take him out right away or give him time to adapt?

Here is a picture of the Tank right now:

See less See more
#2 ·
I would say get him some plants, I bet he'll appreciate it and it'll be a nice addition to the tank. Plastic can work too, you just have to be careful. I can't imagine he would pick on the snails though, and I would give him time to adjust, he may just be curious at first and the snails will close up if he gets nippy so I doubt he'll do serious damage.

#3 ·
Thanks. My husband was just a little worried that Chewie would be the chewer this time and attack his snails. Right now chewie is in a salt water treatment for slight fin rot but he will be out on friday. Can't wait to put him in here! I think he will love it.

#8 ·
Glad he's doing well!

I find that snails are very good at protecting themselves. My one betta will go after it once in a while and it just closes up until he's gone. I used to have a betta that actually slept on it! Snails are probably the best tank mate. Unless your betta is super aggressive, I don't think there will be a problem.

#9 ·
-laughs- i thought the thread was titlted : Chewie ate three snails
lol love the name

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.