Betta Fish Forum banner

Three New Fish!!! Lotsa Piccies!! :D

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  crownie 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess I had a really good day with 3 awesome final grades in my classes and to celebrate I bought 3 new Betta boys!!

I wanted to get:

A completely Blue one for my Summer themed section

A Red Crowntail for my Autumn themed section

And a completely white one for my winter section (my friend's white VT was going to vacation in the winter section till she came back then I was going to buy one for myself) BUT my plans changed a bit. :tongue:

I got an awesome looking halfmoon gold/sandy colored one with white edges for my summer theme, a red mottled colored delta tail with clear/blue/grey iridescent fins and a black delta tail with a dark black/blue body. I could have either gotten the black one or a pure white halfmoon but I went with the black one (I figured he kinda looked like 'death' to match the death of everything in winter). I wished so bad I could have gotten the white HM too but no room in the tank :( he has been at petco for at least 2-3 weeks now.

the red one I got looks almost like it could be a halfmoon when he spreads his fins, he is soo full figured in the fins department, but you can clearly see the difference between the halfmoon and him.

I don't have the best pics of the black and red, but I have pretty good ones of the HM, which is STUNNING IMHO!

I had names picked out for them according to their themes and what I wanted them to look like but they don't fit the names I was going to give them, so I need to think of new names.

My friend said the black one reminds her of those old world corset/garters the ladies used to wear. :lol:

Can anyone tell me what colors you would call them? (sorry for the blurry pics)

Halfmoon (Summer Section):

Red mottled Delta Tail with clear/iridescent fins (Autumn Section):

Black/Blue Delta Tail (Winter Section):

and one of Firefly (my Spring Section Betta, just cus he is cute :p)

eta- OH NO! my HM jumped over to the red one's side and got several huge chunks of his beautiful tail bitten out!! :( he looks very defeated and feeling down and is panting! I dumped some NovAqua+ that has echinachea in it hopefully that Helps somewhat, what do I do to help him Heal? Help is DEFINITELY appreciated!

See less See more
#3 ·
They are pretty. The gold one on the summer section is like a sun! Great choices for each section. :) I love all of them.

Sorry to hear about your HM jumping. Maybe you need to lower the water level a bit.

#4 ·
I made sure I raised the dividers and when the red one jumped into the black one's section I grabbed extra mesh from dividers I never used and placed it flat, to rest on top of the three dividers so that if they jump, they hit the mesh and can't jump to other sections again!

thankfully red is not really damaged aside from a small nip from when HM jumped into his section.

I was thinking of the name Lyre for the golden HM, like those golden harp instruments. Any other name suggestions for the golden boy?

anyone know how long it approximately takes a tails to grow back? any special thing to treat him with?

#6 ·
They're stunning! They fit each season perfectly.

That happened to one of my bettas, too. After he was attacked, he lay gasping at the bottom. He was just in shock, hopefully your guy will be okay too!

#8 ·
ever since yesterday, occasionally the golden boy will swim but mostly he rests under the palms of the tree for cover I think. he looks so pitiful. my Tank was just cleaned (80%) a few days before I got the new ones and the filter is running constantly so it is very clean hopefully to promote healing better. black and red can slip in between the divider and glass to get to eachother's sections! so they have been back in their cups all night. I feel better knowing only one of my guys really needs to heal well. all in my sleep I kept seeing all three of my new bettas and was terrified to come down in the AM to see one or all three dead.

I have decided on the name Lyre aka The Golden Boy (for my HM)

Blackie is going to be called either Phantom or Wraith Because of the fact that he is sooooo good at camoulflaging and almost disappearing. I had all of the (only 2) decorations out of his section and I had so much trouble finding him! LOL! the names also match his coloring and his nature.

which do you guys like better? I am having trouble deciding. I think Wraith is more unique, cus Phantom might be used more to name pets, but i dunno, lol.

Red does not have a name yet.

#9 ·
Ok so all 3 of the new boys have names!!

The golden Halfmoon: Lyre, The Golden Boy (after the golden harp-like instrument)

The Red Marble w/ irisdescent fins: Firedrake (a synonym for dragon)

The Smokey Melano: Phantom (since he is like a ghost, he is awesome at stealth)

of course you can see all the names in my siggy too :p :p

#10 ·
I want the HM summer section !! I envy that you can actually plan the colour and type of betta you want and then actually go out and buy it lol, I just have to grab what I can over here lol.

Those names are cool, Firedrake reminds me of something from Harry Potter lol

#11 ·
I envy that you can actually plan the colour and type of betta you want and then actually go out and buy it lol
I actually was planning to look for a completely deep blue for the summer and a deep red crowntail for autumn and pure white for winter but I went in this store and my friend said ''howabout this one (the HM)" and I was holding the other two I ended up buying and I was thinking "arrgh! which one????" SOOO I came out with all of them..:roll:

Firedrake reminds me of something from Harry Potter lol
I was thinking it sounded like something from the movies or a book series or something too.

#12 ·
I absolutely love Firedrake! I've wanted a marble for a bit now. All of the fish are stunning though, and I love the theme idea... I never thought of that lol Sorry I don't know much about healing tails :(

#13 ·
the theme idea actually was Jupiter's (on here) idea. I fell in love with the theme and couldn't wait to do it to a tank of mine. I am guessing it will take a good two months about to have his fins grow back completely due to the amount of damage. I joke that he looks similar to a lion fish, though I admit he is not THAT bad :p

He is happy though, he made somewhat of a bubble nest :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.