Betta Fish Forum banner

swapmeet bettas

605 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sunkissedinCA 
#1 ·
well i went with my sweety to a swapmeet today and was mortified to find a small petshop inside put 7 male bettas and a large school of assorted mollys and platies together all in one 10 gallon! every one of them barely had any fins left :sob: and their was one that seemed to desprately attempt to swim out through the glass i felt terrible and was already contemplateing on saveing him since i've been on the search for a male though i wanted a halfmoon...but of course i dont usualy carry money so theres no way i could pay for him :< im trying to think up a rescue mission becaus i cant get his sad lil puppy face out of my head and of course my bf has to remind me i have nowhere to put him since im working on painting and furnishing my room and cant up my 40 gal till it's all done with...

also i found on ebay $20 dollar gorgeous halfmoons buy it now free shipping! it would be cheaper for me to wait for petco to get more in stock but the hole in my pocket is burning and i want one so bad lol

#2 ·
thats so awful! but i dont know what a swapmeet is....

im just reeling that someone would either have made such an effort (because surely it would take effort) to be so missinformed or just now care and to have seen them fighting and seen the loss of fins and not realize that they need to be seperated

or am i missing something? sorry if im rambling

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.