Betta Fish Forum banner

Florida Betta Keepers Unite!

5K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  tsoto80 
#1 ·
I loved the idea that another member came up with about Wisconsin betta keepers.. So I copied her.. All credits to the ideas go to her!

So yeah.. Florida is the top tropical fish producing state in the country with the largest ammount of tropical fish farms in the world.. We definitely need our own betta thread:)

So.. Any Betta Floridians in the house? :)

#4 ·
I'm in Florida, the Winter Haven. Proud mommy of 5 beautiful betta's.

20gal
3 female bettas
1 male crowntail betta
1 6 inch pleco
(Yes I am prepared if the community tank starts to breed)

2 gal
1 male betta that is near his end. (he's 3 years old)

#9 ·
I'm like 30 minutes from Florida.. sorta counts. :p Actually considering asking to join the First Coast Bettas club in Jacksonville since the GA club is kind of dead and Jacksonville is actually closer to me than Atlanta anyway.

The IBC convention is going to be in Jacksonville, FL next year.. there will be a fish show and auction amongst other things that are only for members (seminars and such). If any of you are in that area you should come! I'll be there *hopefully*.

#10 ·
I'm in Florida :D Southwest to be exact. Florida really is awesome for doing outdoor spawns: the weather, the mosquitos, all types of larvae.... Its a breeding haven! Which I plan to do soon once I have everything set up!

#17 ·
You dont HAVE to breed just to feed larvae and as far as I know you just use a net and fish it out of the bucket. Also bloodworms is larvae (not sure from what insect) you can get them freeze dried or frozen but I bet they would love fresh the best!!

#18 ·
i feed my guys frozen bloodworms, i have no idea where i would get live bloodworms around here though.:shock:
I am always interested in trying something new to feed my guys.:-D..Haven't tried mosquito larvae yet..so I will have to try catching some.There's plenty around.:lol:

#19 ·
I rinse my mosquito larvae under running water twice before feeding lol I just do it because everyone else does it so I assume it has a reason :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.