Betta Fish Forum banner

I've converted another one! >:D

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  hmckin20 
#1 ·
Fun story: My bf strongly disliked having fish in the room at first. He was upset at the loss of horizontal surface space. My first few goldfish all ended in profuse tears, and he's not terribly fond of the fantails we have now (they're really not very bright- have considered naming them Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum). But Monkut was so charming and such a character that while he doesn't share my fish enthusiasm, he is now a betta-fancier, andI have actually caught him standing by the tank and wiggling his finger at Mongkut, or moving it back and forth and watching the fishie follow and/or flare.

I think it started when I went away for a week, and left him very specific instructions as to the care of my then-three fishes. After that, it became second nature to him to feed them when I'm gone in the afternoons. He likes that the bettas are low-maintenance, but still takes excellent care of them. And he loves that they're interactive and have personality... Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum just sort of drift back and forth, swim into the current of the bubble-rod, and constantly scavenge for food. XD I adore them nonetheless, but anyway...

The betta love has extended to his wholehearted agreement that I should adopt Cryo and nurse him back to health. Hurt bettas bother him now, and though it cost him another flat surface, he didn't even think twice about giving it up. He was very honored when I said that I would trust him to take Cryo to keep in his dorm (we live in the same building, so I'll be on hand should he encounter a problem). And he likes the idea :-D

So, hooray for awesome lovely boyfriend, and hooray for another betta-lover in the world.

See less See more
#3 ·
Lol! I am currently in the process of betta-no-tising my bf as well! Muahaha good for you! I'm with Jrf lol!

#4 ·
I somehow got my BF into liking bettas too! lol He was mad when Poseidon started tail biting and the last time I was at Petsmart I was expecting to only get one betta but I could not decide between two of them so he said, "Why not get both?"

#6 ·
Lolz my bf doesn't mind my fish because he knows they make me happy but he won't get one cause he thinks he will kill it...I did however convert his little brother :) his little brother ended up getting a 10 gallon community tank and 2 smaller tanks for 2 bettas :) hahaha his mom hates me

#7 · (Edited)
it was my boyfriends idea to bring bart home! i was so excited!! especially because i begged and begged for more oscars and he wasnt giving in (which is unusual...) i thought it would be along time before i could get anymore fish. sometime he thinks im crazy since i want to bring home every one i find. and i want another tank... or two... lol but he always goes over to the tank and talks to bart, hes fed him, helped me with the tank, let me spend hours in the pet store... he must love me lol

#8 ·
Lol, yeah, that's all I can figure with my bf too. First it was the 16g. Then I had Mongkut in a 1.8, upgraded to a 5g. Then the currently-vacant 10g came, and finally the 2.5. Currently four fish, destined to be many more.

He sat looking at the room one day, then gave a resigned sigh and announced, "I live in the fish section of the pet store." And then he fed Mongkut XD <3

#9 ·
I fell in love with another little guy today, and literally had to beg and bargain with one of my roommates to let me bring him home. My other two still don't know I have him XD Hopefully, since Stitch and my new guy are in the bedroom with myself and one of my mates, they'll grow on him :/

#10 · (Edited)
All you make me sad I don't have a bf... *sigh*I got my best friend tho!!!

My best friend thought I was crazy when I was going on and on about my Ula. I ask if we can go to petco to get shrimp. I had to look at the bettas and my friend was all like "it is just a stupid fish" when I got all sad and wished I could save all the sick ones. I turned and saw some kings, I got him to look at them. At the very bottem was a BEAUFUL dragon king male. I got the shrimp and a female betta (who passed when I got it home) and left.

I was playing Minecraft online (Nerdness) and he was on. He told me he was saving up to get a PERFECT place and decor (probly going to be spongbob stuff XP) befor he gets a fish. I got one on the dark side MWAHAHAHHA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.