Betta Fish Forum banner

New Marble HM

721 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  eatmice2010 
#1 ·
So we made a trip out to Petsmart on the 4th and my sister picked out a new betta. His cup says that he is a halfmoon and he also has a marble coloring. She fell in love with this boy fast. Haha. She named him Ace.
And I forgot to make a post around the time we got him, a little late but eh. :lol:
Just looking at him, Ace is a mix of white, black, and a light blue. But with the flash of the camera, his blue shines a teal color. I think he's pretty. <3​

#5 ·
Gorgeous boy. Love that shade of green he flashes with the camera. My new boy looks gray in person but blue under the camera.

I wonder how Ace will morph...I hope you'll share pics as he changes! He does look like a HM.

#12 ·
Hmm. I got him to flare up pretty nice for me. Didn't get realllly good shots of it but I noticed something. Not sure if anyone else can see it in my pics. At the top of his caudal fin, the rays are bent. Like a couple of the rays literally bend and cause his spread to be less than a halfmoon's. You can see it in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pics that I'm attaching. It's like the top 2 or 3 rays in the tail fin. Am I the only one seeing that? If not, any ideas why they'd be like that? Birth defect? Injury that healed oddly? I know for a fact it's not suppose to be like that. All you have to do is compare him to any other betta and you can pretty much see it.
You can't see him fully flared in any of the pics, close but not quite.​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.