Betta Fish Forum banner

My Petco Baby Betta

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  EmilyN 
#1 ·
I'm just calling him 'Little Fish' for now. Looks like he's gonna be teal maybe? I've had him for 2 days. He's the smallest pet I've ever owned!

He's a little pale here because I'd just recently changed his water but he brightened back up toward the end. He posed for some of the pictures very nicely. :-D

#2 ·
Aww! He's so cute! Hopefully with good care and attention he will brighten up quick! They are really hard to take care of but it looks like you are doing an excellent job!

#4 ·
Glad to see you have a new little one! Word of caution though about those castles. I just had to remove one from my tank because the inside of the entrance was very very sharp and tore one of my girls fins up.

#5 ·
Thanks for the warning about the castle. I made sure to check for any sharpness before buying it. It did have a couple of spots that I ended up filing down to ensure that it wouldn't hurt a fish. Hopefully I did good enough. I did have it in my last betta's tank and he never hurt himself on it. Thank you again, I truly appreciate the concern. :)

#6 ·
good, at least you were smarter than me. I had it for my other community tank that had tons of different fish (no bettas) so I stuck it in the betta tank. I learned from it so thats the important thing I guess and she is healing wonderfully from my mistake.

#7 ·
Learning the hard way. It's never fun. But like you said, at least you learned. And when you do check for sharpness on any new decoration, if it had only a few small spots, just file them down with a nail file or rough sand paper. Works like a charm

#8 ·
My baby's fins are growing more every day and he (might be a she, but I refer to it as a him for now) is quickly getting more colorful. His fins had no color to them when I got him and today they have a beautiful blue-ish shimmer to them. His body only shows color when his scales catch the light just right but I can clearly see the color of the fins. And it looks like he just might be a CT. I figured he was a VT but today I noticed the points beginning to show. What an exciting thing it is to raise a baby betta!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.