Betta Fish Forum banner

Black dots on fin :(

879 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fishy Mom 
#1 ·
I got my new baby betta now a few days ago. I did my first water change yesterday morning and all went well. I received a lot of advice from people on this site and it helped very muc, thank you!!! But then when I got home from work late last night I noticed like 5 small black dots on her top fin, I think it's called a dorsal?? Anyway I have her in my spare bedroom with a space heater for now, her tank and heater are being delivered Monday. It's hard to see the black dots in the pic but if you look hard they're there! The dots are close near the body not near the tips. I did some research last night and a lot of people were saying that it could be her normal coloring. It just made me nervous bc they were not there yesterday but they were last a night and today. I'm gonna attach the photo, thanks!!! :) -Dori

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You can kinda see them in this pic too plus I wanted to add a pic of her entire body incase it is fin rot or something else that needs treatment. I'd like to catch asap if it is something wrong before it gets serious!!
*Also someone pointed out that her back fin was smooshed together, I know there's a name for it but I don't remember. I notice now that she's doing it with her top fin too :(

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.