Betta Fish Forum banner

502 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bettabehave 
#1 ·
Hello,

recently purchased a betta - named Dora, i know he's a boy but the kid named him :) he lives in a 125 litre tank with 5 neons looking to add new additions in next couple of weeks so if any1 can recommend good tank mates that be nice.

He seems ok swims alot against the glass thou which am a little worrid about, he came from a pretty small tank thou, quite sad really quite a few where displayed that infact i think atleast 2 where beyond point of no return.

He's got plenty of plants & 2 caves to choose from but still paces the glass alot the neons don't seem t bother him and he doesn't seem too bothered about them he isn't showing off so i don't think its his reflection water is fine too.
Any ideas?

thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
How dois he swim against the glass? Does he pace back and forth?

Glass surfing, aka pacing back and forth, is caused by boredom a lot of the time. Bettas are quite intelligent little things, they're interactive and that's what makes them fun pets; they recognize humans as source of food and stimulation, unlike many other tropical fish who wouldn't know you from anything else. If this is the behavior your fish is displaying, just interact with him more. Have him chase your finger along the glass and in the water, show him a mirror and believe it or not, show him a tv! My desk fish love watching my laptop.

#5 ·
Thank you, he seems to do it along the short sides of the tank, sometimes down & up. He doesn't seem too interested in us, swims away from my finger as thou startled once he's had a look. I'll keep trying thou he does have a good look just seems more interested in edges of tank i thought he'd love his new pad after the lil tank he was in!

thanks for the hellos too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.