Betta Fish Forum banner

I have a life dream to swim with my betta

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  LaniBaby 
#1 ·
Has anyone else ever wished that there was a tank so big that you could get in and just swim with your betta friend? I was thinking today how nice that would be. I mean, let's face it: having a fish for a pet is pretty much like having a tennis partner that's in prison. You can look at each other but you really can't play around much. I want to get in a tank with Crumb, a tank that's warm and clear, where we can frolic (gently, of course, so as not to mar his delicate fins) and play. A place where we can touch, fin to finger, and just have a generally merry time. I'd love it if he could just fly around and land on my shoulder while i'm typing this, but there he is; floating in the center of his tank, staring... always staring.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any dreams of living a full and complete life with their betta buddies. ;) maybe someone wants to try to rent out a big empty tank at the aquarium (sans larger, predatory fish) to have a good romp with their betta?

#2 ·
I wish that i could be TURNED into a Bettafish! and of course we wont fight! and i will swim with him forever as a bettafish! :D

#3 ·
I actually had a dream a few weeks ago that I was in a Walmart that was somehow flooded so it was underwater. And me and snowflake were in there, but it was kinda a nightmare because throughout the dream I was trying to save him, and me, from getting eaten by these giant shark-eel like things. But it would be nice. I dont know if hed like it much though,

#5 ·
Hehe. I wish that i had magical powers to turn my self human and betta :) wouldn't that be AWESOME?

#7 ·
i'm glad i gave everyone some nice thoughts about their fishies. i really wish crumb were sitting here on my shoulder. it's just so unfair. it's like having a dream love.... where you see them, you can wave, but everytime you get just close enough to touching, you wake up.

haha. am i being weird about Crumb? hhaha

#9 ·
i can pet crumb, although i'm concerned about petting him too hard. :p it's what gave me the idea. when i have my hand in the tank, he chases it and touches it. and if i chase him he runs a little like he's playing tag, but then turns around and comes right back and then lets me touch his fins and runs his body along my finger. he's a very tactile little fish. i love the look on his face, too. he looks up at my fingers like he's seen god. it's just this little fishy look of awe. and then, just to surprise him, i'll put in my whole hand and he's like WOW!!!!!!

we're probably the only people on earth that see expressions of emotion on our fish's faces. :p or maybe it's just me...

#10 ·
i can pet crumb, although i'm concerned about petting him too hard. :p it's what gave me the idea. when i have my hand in the tank, he chases it and touches it. and if i chase him he runs a little like he's playing tag, but then turns around and comes right back and then lets me touch his fins and runs his body along my finger. he's a very tactile little fish.

we're probably the only people on earth that see expressions of emotion on our fish's faces. :p or maybe it's just me
I wish mine was like that :) He just runs away from my fingers...
But don't worry, I sometimes see his facial expressions change too... I think...:wink:

#12 ·
Ooh thatd be awesome! To swim with my fishies lol. I think itd be fun to swim with the pandas. They silly.

#13 ·
Well I've stuck my face in a tank full of females, OUCH!!!!!!! Yop they bit my nose :p

That would be AWESOME!!!!!! Just swimmin around with your betta and stuff :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.