Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Studs

819 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ariel1719 
#1 ·
do people stud out Betta? or is is to much to do that with all the supplies and such?

I was thinking about studding out Tigger, seeing as he is a beauty with a pleasing color. But I don't know if people stud out their Betta...

#2 ·
I've never heard of it, it takes too much time I would think, its not like dogs were they breed in a day and come back home, there is conditioning and spawning and fry care and then recovery. If its a high quality show betta maybe but not a VT.

#3 ·
I think people would only do that locally... I can't imagine shipping them out then back. But it could be possible if you lived within driving distance of a breeder willing to lend out their bettas to other breeders...

#6 ·
Yeah, I figured shipping would be a lot of work just to get babies...but I was just wondering. I've never seen adds or anything and it occurred to me that it might not be a realistic idea. so I just decided to ask.

#7 ·
Doesn't hurt to ask, there are people who lend out pairs, like Martinsmommy and OFL. I wouldn't call it studding lol but same idea. It works out if you know someone locally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.