Betta Fish Forum banner

hey guys

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Newbettamommy13 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my name is via thao and I'm 17 years old. My favorite hobby is fishing for bass. However, I can't fish everyday because my only transportations are my brothers and they either go to work or have school. With restrictions on my favorite hobby, my brother introduce me to betta keeping in order to keep me busy on the weekdays. He took me to the local Petco and picked up a turquoise double tail betta. Before, I just left him in a small jar but now I upgraded him to a 1 gallon tank. I know this is a small tank but my mom won't let me have anything bigger than a 1 gallon tank in my room.
While doing some research on bettas, I came across this forum and saw lots of information that can help me be a better betta keeper. I decided to join and hope to gain lots of information from you guys. See you guys later. :)

#4 ·
welcome welcome!! im new here too. your about the same age when i started owning a betta. i only did it for a year or so and stopped (my fish kept dying) but now 13 years later im doing it again (the betta owning part and hopefully not the fish dying part). not a surprise to see a fellow hmong person on the board as bettas are fairly popular pet amongst hmong folk.

#7 ·
Welcome! I'm a new betta owner too! Mine is a blue male veil tail named Mojo. You can view him in my avatar pic. I'm sure you'll love it here! Lots of fellow betta lovers here who you can learn a lot from(as I'm sure you already know) Enjoy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.