Betta Fish Forum banner

Little update on my sorority

701 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  kathstew 
#1 ·
I wasn't really sure where to put this as its not a picture but a video...

but anyway, its been about three weeks since I got my 10 gallon betta sorority tank up and running. The girls are all getting along very well, and there is little to no fighting anymore.
The little fighting there is, is between Butterfly and Drama Queen. Butterfly has decided that Drama Queen is her idol, and she must follow poor DQ around constantly. Drama Queen HATES it, so she turns and chases Butterfly away....who comes back after about two minutes. Its quite funny to watch.

All the others get along great. The only other one that has any real problem is Faith. She's my "nervous nelly" of the group. She HATES it when the girls swim back in forth in front of the glass "fighting" for my attention. Its like she's always afraid someone's going to get hurt or something. Once I give everyone attention (including her) she's fine again! LOL

Anywayyyyy. Here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inL2VvQb-yw

Some people say bettas are better by themselves. While I believe that is very true for most/all males, (and some females), some females are really great in a social environment. Since being in the tank with the other girls, Drama Queen (my problem child, LOL) has really come out of her shell. She is still a little skitish here and there, but she now stands up for herself. She zips back and forth, and plays in the plants. She comes up and greats me. And she has become HUGE. Her fins are gorgeous, her colors are so bright and beautiful, and she's just like a whole new fish!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow I love the tank setup and your girls all have beautiful colours!!! Just out of interest, why do you have air bubbles? Or is that for show? I imagine it's something to do with the plants you have (trust me, I'm one of the worst on this site when it comes to live plants haha).

#3 ·
Beautiful tank! The girls look strong and healthy.

Reece, the bubbles look like they're coming from the output of the HOB filter. Mine does the same thing when the water level is lower.

#4 ·
Oh ok... XD

#7 ·
pretty girls :) your tank is very relaxing lol

#8 ·
haha, this is actually quite old XD
Since then, my tank looks a lot different, and unfortunately my tank came down with some mysterious illness and only one of the original girls is left.
I restarted my sorority though, and I'll post an update one of these days :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.