Betta Fish Forum banner

Yellow VT....are they rare?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MrNighttime 
#1 ·
Probably a dumb question. But I have NEVER seen a yellow VT before. I am used to blues and reds...not this.

He was at walmart and pretty beat up. Looked like he had some rot and he is missing half or more of one of his pelvic fins. So he probably got treated rough. I think he is handsome but I have no room unless I get like a .5 gallon box...which I think is cruel. But he tugs at my heartstrings.

I was saving my cash and space for a HM tank and my gf would kill me if I brought home betta 11.

Just curious is anyone else had one...maybe some pics?

#2 ·
I've seen quite a few. Are you referring to the pineapple ones? I see them often enough at Petsmart and sometimes at Wal-Mart. They aren't super common here like the reds or blues, but I see enough of them. I think they are pretty and it's hard to leave them behind sometimes. Especially if he's bright and shiney.

#3 ·
I suppose they are a bit rare, I've only seen yellow on a male plakat and a few females in my town. I wish I could find a yellow veiltail, they are my favorite tail type! Pineapple is sort of yellow, except pineapple colored bettas are more of a darkish yellow with black outlining each scale. They're very pretty, but I prefer a more sunshine yellow =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.