Betta Fish Forum banner

Giant? Round tail or PK?

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Dragonlady 
#1 ·
There is a large fish store not too far from me. They usually carry VT's and CT's but today they had these guys marked as "round tails" $7.99. I brought a few into a light area and to me they look like large (giant?) PK's. In any case, I fell in love w/ these pitch black beautiful ones. A couple had little blue dots, some had tiny white dots. But this guy was all black. I will try to get better pics of him.

View attachment 41264

View attachment 41266

#2 ·
I'm not very good with tails but on the first picture he looks a little like a spade tail but it might just be the angle. He might just be a round tail. It is a possibility. Anyway, he's WAY cute! That's an amazing find.

#3 ·
Definitely a plakat!!!!! Very, very lucky find, I've never been able to find an all black fish in a pet store. He's probably not a true giant, giants are very hard to find and are usually very expensive. He could be a sort of giant x plakat hybrid, like the king bettas at Petco!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.