Betta Fish Forum banner

Noobie

2K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  doggyhog 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I came back form drag racing today and mt wife presented me with a gift.

His name is Mr Humphries :)

I found this site after doing a search for how to care for him. We are going out tomorrow to pick up a proper tank for him, after reading some info on this site, I have decided to get a better setup :) So thanks for all the effort that has been put into this site :) I will get some more pics when He is in his new home.. he's so bright BLUE my fav colour :)

Thanks again all

DOn

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys,

I sure will, I have him stuck between my monitor and PC, To keep his water warm.. My beast tower pours heat out the side :) I am thinking I'll
pick up a nice 5 gal to set him up in, I want to keep him near me at the PC, thats where I am most days.

Thanks

Don

#13 ·
Hey all.

Well, I went a bit over board. but for GOOD reason.

I have 3 year old Autistic twin girls, When we went to the Aquarium Store to pick up a new home for Mr Humphries, something very cool happen, this store has a HUGE floor level Aquarium setup, with HUGE pleco's, Coe and turtles Well my wife positioned the girls in front of the coe in their double stroller, and the most amazing thing happen, they were mez'd by the coe They were laughing at them and trying to get to the tank, must have been close to 30 in this tank. if anyone here knows anything about autisum, this is a MAJOR break through, So me and Pat(wife) decided right there we were getting a bigger tank. so.....................

We bought a 20 Gal, got a good deal on it, and we picked up Mr Humphries some friend, 4 Tetras, 2 neon and 2 Rosy. I have the tank setup and the tetras are in it, I want to give it a good 12-24 hrs before I put MR H, into the tank. the girls BTW can't keep away from the tank
they were crying when we said is was time for their nap :)

Thanks to this site and all the great info, i would never had gone to get
a bigger tank, and we would never have seen the reaction to the coe.

You've made a HUGE difference in our daughters lives.. Thanks SOOOOOOOO much.

Here are a couple pics of the tank, MR H isn't in it yet, I hope by mourning I can put him in.

#14 ·
Aww, I'm so glad our little betta corner of the internet has helped you, and ultimately your daughters. That is great news! My husband's niece is autistic and loves my vast array of bettas. lol. I have 13... anyway. Congrats. I'm glad things are going well. That's a beautiful tank. I would suggests some silk plants, though. Betta's love plants....and walmart has these cute little "Lilly pads" They are only a couple bucks and my guys love them!

#19 ·
Welcome! It's great to hear, hope all goes well for you. :)

#20 ·
Hey Guys,

UPDATE!

Mr H is in his new home, and he is loving it, his fins are out and wide, swimming around and chasing the smaller fish, but not attacking them, I took a few pics of the tank, and Sophia, she is totallty mez'd by
Mr H. We are gonna let the tank settle a bit, then pick up some live pants, and a bottom feeder of some kind, still havn't decided on what yet, And the pics :) Enjoy

Thanks

Don

#22 ·
Hi there! Just want to say my Fiance has Asperger Syndrome, a mild form of Autism, and he loves our fish too! Oh and for bottom feededrs, I like Cory cat fish. They are my favorite kind of little catfish and fun to watch. Maybe you can try a pair of those. Good luck with your new fish! Have fun.

#23 ·
We are going out today to get some more stuff for his tank, Something I have noticed about Mr H.
when I sit at my computer, he likes to hang around the corner closest to me :) it's like he knows I'm his owner LOL This fish is so smart, and really does have a personality, not like the tetras, total drones.. :)

heres a pic of him, just hanging out by me,

Don

#25 ·
this is very heartwarming, awesome to hear about your daughters!

#27 ·
wow, that's wonderful about your daughters. what a little stud Mr. Humphries is! i love his name too. and bettas are so entertaining, just wait, he'll crack you up! they're great little fish :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.