Betta Fish Forum banner

should i remove the filter from my tank????

802 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kelly528 
#1 ·
i have a 2.5 gal aqueon mini bow tank for my betta and was wondering if i should remove or keep the filter and just change the water weekly. basically because 1. my bettas tail got stuck to the side of the filter, nothing lethal, he got unstuck right away no damege and 2. when i feed him some of the food gets stuck to the side of the filter also making it impossible for him to eat and i have to unplug the filter just to let the pellets loose. any ideas or suggestion??? thanks!!!

#2 ·
It sounds like the filters a little too strong. I would put something over it or you could take it out. I don't use any of my filters on my mini bowls, but if you don't have a filter you're going to have to clean out the tank twice a week 100%. So if you have the time to clean it twice a week than you can take the filter out, but if you don't, than you can just put something over the filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.