Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Off Your Small Planted Tanks!

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  LyzzaRyzz 
#1 ·
Hey!
I am going to be planting some small tanks, between 2.5 gallons and 5 gallons, so I'd love to see some of your guys small planted tanks to get some inspiration :-D

Post away!!

#4 ·
I think they both look very nice ! Got my first plants today so excited, will post pics when I plant them and they fill out some. I have 3 small Marimo Moss balls they are doing good they are still very green and I love them in the tank.

#14 ·
I hope it's ok to ask in this thread- when you have tanks like these, do you still have to take everything out to do 100% water changes? That seems like it would be a big mess with all the plants and sand or gravel .. etc. Or do you not need to do 100% water changes?

#18 ·
OMG These are beautiful! Real plants have such a different look to them than fake ones. I seriously need to learn to be better at keeping plants alive lol.

#19 ·
All you need is a tank with an ammonia source and a very hardy plant species. Some plants you can ignore and they will grow rampantly. Just do your research and you'll discover how easy some plants are to care for.

#24 ·
Oooh I love them when they turn into lily pads. but watch out if they reach the top ;) the new leaves will always grow that high. if you want you can snip off a long leaf (with the stalk(and leave it floating around. it will grow a new banana lily :D

#25 ·
These look amazing! :shock:

I finally did a planted tank :-D:-D:-D:-D It's a 3 gallon, Tetra tank. Unfortunately the cord to the light didn't come with the tank, which is why it was so cheap. So for now I am using a very small LED light :-? Really hoping that, plus the sunlight from my window will keep the plants alive until I can find a cord!

Will post pictures soon :)

#26 ·
Ill be converting my 5.5 gal to a planted..ill have java moss, water sprite and parrots feather...i cant wait to do it! I just need a day off to do it!

Everyones tanks look so great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.